olds 260 cui V8

Du beißt dir schon längere Zeit die Zähne an einem Problemchen aus?
Ein anderes Forum-Mitglied kann dir möglicherweise helfen

Moderator: superbee

simonB.
Pro Stock
Pro Stock
Barvermögen: Gesperrt

olds 260 cui V8

Beitragvon simonB. » Mittwoch 18. Mai 2005, 21:44

hallo!
kennt sich von euch vielleicht wer aus damit?
meine frage war obs tuning teile für den olds 260 cuiV8 gibt.
das war die antwort in einem olds forum aus usa.
nur welche performer spinne meint er jetzt genau?
und was sind 5A-heads?
:Nix:
ich hab ihn schon dasselbe wie euch gefragt,nur bekomm ich keine antwort.
mittlerweile ist es schon so eine art berufung geworden aus dem 260er olds motor was zu machen.
einen 403er einbaun kann man immer noch.
please help!!
I hate to say this, but the best thing you could do to increase power is replace the 260 with a 350 or 403 Olds engine since any small block Olds will bolt right in but the exhaust manifolds may be very small on the 260. That may be a hard thing to do considering your location. All 260s built in the US were 2 barrel carbs. An early 307 5A intake or Edelbrock Performer intake with a quadrajet will improve performance. A Holley 4 barrel could be used as well, but a quadrajet will get you better gas mileage overall due to the small front barrels and large back barrels. Also, the way a QJet works off of vacuum makes it an easy swap since it is hard to overcarburate an engine with that type of carb. About any quadrajet can probably be bolted on and adjusted without a lot of jet changes that a Holley would probably need. With the low performance capability of the 260, that could be big advantage. A more open exhaust system is another easy way to gain both performance and probably gas mileage. Hope this helps a little.
-- und kost' benzin auch 3 mark 10, egal es wird schon gehn --

cenzi
Werbepartner
Werbepartner
Beitragvon cenzi » Mittwoch 18. Mai 2005, 22:24

sers simon!

also alle meine listen für tuning-teile sagen, dass es für den 260er praktisch nix gibt. naja, nockenwelle und dichtsatz schon, aber bei den regulären ansaugspinnen wirst schon wieder stehen. aber laut dem olds-forum könnte ja doch eine spinne vom 307er passen. für den gibts dann auch 4-fach-vergaser.

meine ganz persönliche meinung: wennst ein auto willst, des schnell is - motor wegschmeißen und was gscheits kaufen. wennst einen cruiser willst: genauso lassen wie er jetzt ist. alles andere ist geldverschwendung.

vin
Bild

simonB.
Pro Stock
Pro Stock

Beitragvon simonB. » Mittwoch 18. Mai 2005, 22:46

seas vinc!
yo,hast eh recht aber bei autos hab ich motorisch noch
nie so richtig rumgebastelt.
ich kann mich nur an meine wilden vespajahre erinnern und da hat
ein ansaugstutzen mit grösserem dellorto vergaser schon einiges gebracht.
aber wahrscheinlich kostet mich eine spinne +vergaser mindestens
die hälfte von einem gebrauchten 403er+getriebe,nur dass der
endeffekt sicher nicht mal halb so gut ist,oder?
grusssimon.

Bird of Prey
Muscle Car Driver
Muscle Car Driver

Beitragvon Bird of Prey » Mittwoch 18. Mai 2005, 22:58

ist es nicht so, dass selbst beim 403er block einiges getan werden muß damit er gscheid geht?

kann mich erinnern, dass die 180 PS in den Firebirds der Siebziger nicht so mächtig gingen...

matthias
"Schnallt euch an, wir fahren auf den Freeway..."

cenzi
Werbepartner
Werbepartner
Beitragvon cenzi » Mittwoch 18. Mai 2005, 23:03

was hastn du da eigentlich für ein getriebe drin, weils was von neukaufen schreibst?

vin
Bild

Driver

Beitragvon Driver » Mittwoch 18. Mai 2005, 23:04

so hier mal das beste olds forum in sachen tech wo gibt: www.realoldspower.com

und dann auch ned zu verachten: www.oldspower.com

für alles andere (inklusive forum) http://www.oldsclub.org/

simonB.
Pro Stock
Pro Stock

Beitragvon simonB. » Mittwoch 18. Mai 2005, 23:19

@vin:
das 200er,aber das ist gut so weils ein bisschen kürzer übersetzt ist als das
350er.abwohl mans nicht einstellen kann.
aber das reicht für motoren bis 250ps.
was ich noch gefunden hätte:

weiss wer so eine spinne?(original olds) was heisst <hokey>?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for intakes, the 260 always had the 2V or psuedo-Qjet. With aluminum 4V intakes, I remember the diffs as "5 is jive, 4 gimme more." Hokey, but with my memory, it works. The A5 4V intake has the girly ports, whereas the A4 has the larger ports which would match well with, say, a 403 head, etc.

A5 22528212'85-'90 307 4V. VIN Y engines, not VIN 9 engines. Aluminum. EGR.
Small ports.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
das hört sich nach echter arbeit an:
4 BBL Modification
If you want to use a 4 BBL on this engine, you must change the heads to 5A castings as found on 307 Olds motors. If you mill them .030-.040, then you'll gain back compression. Then you can bolt on the Edelbrock Olds performer intake. A set of Mondello heat riser plugs installed in these heads will make more power. Just drill a 1/4" hole in each plug to get back just enough carb heat. The Mondello 15-100 cam works great in those little 260's.

The heads on the 260 are designed for the 260's small displacement. So, in order to increase torque (I'm assuming) the intake runners are 1/2 the size of conventional runners. Unfortunately the way the accomplished this was to fill the bottom half of the runner with material - BIG flow stopper! Not to mention a good spot for fuel to puddle.

Being undaunted by this (plus I had already purchased the intake and carb) I went forward with the installation. What I found was that the 260 required me to do a LOT of tuning to the carb to keep it from bogging out of the hole.

I had the motor tied to a TH-350 and 3.42's. After getting the carb staightened out, had to rejet and fiddle with secondary opening rate, the combo ran noticibly different. Part throttle was very similar (slightly stronger) but where the big difference was, was in the top end. I had put an "RV" type cam in it, PAW special, and it definitly liked the 4 barrel over the 2 barrel. Unfortunately never had the car to the strip either before conversion or after, but it did make a very marked improvement. Gas milage was about the same for both combos as long as I kept my foot out of it (aprox. 17mpg).

simonB.
Pro Stock
Pro Stock

Beitragvon simonB. » Mittwoch 18. Mai 2005, 23:25

@driver:
thanks a lot.
mal sehen was so an infos kommt.

grusssimon

cenzi
Werbepartner
Werbepartner
Beitragvon cenzi » Mittwoch 18. Mai 2005, 23:27

simonB. hat geschrieben:@vin:
das 200er,aber das ist gut so weils ein bisschen kürzer übersetzt ist als das
350er.abwohl mans nicht einstellen kann.
aber das reicht für motoren bis 250ps.
was ich noch gefunden hätte:

weiss wer so eine spinne?(original olds) was heisst <hokey>?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for intakes, the 260 always had the 2V or psuedo-Qjet. With aluminum 4V intakes, I remember the diffs as "5 is jive, 4 gimme more." Hokey, but with my memory, it works. The A5 4V intake has the girly ports, whereas the A4 has the larger ports which would match well with, say, a 403 head, etc.

A5 22528212'85-'90 307 4V. VIN Y engines, not VIN 9 engines. Aluminum. EGR.
Small ports.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
das hört sich nach echter arbeit an:
4 BBL Modification
If you want to use a 4 BBL on this engine, you must change the heads to 5A castings as found on 307 Olds motors. If you mill them .030-.040, then you'll gain back compression. Then you can bolt on the Edelbrock Olds performer intake. A set of Mondello heat riser plugs installed in these heads will make more power. Just drill a 1/4" hole in each plug to get back just enough carb heat. The Mondello 15-100 cam works great in those little 260's.

The heads on the 260 are designed for the 260's small displacement. So, in order to increase torque (I'm assuming) the intake runners are 1/2 the size of conventional runners. Unfortunately the way the accomplished this was to fill the bottom half of the runner with material - BIG flow stopper! Not to mention a good spot for fuel to puddle.

Being undaunted by this (plus I had already purchased the intake and carb) I went forward with the installation. What I found was that the 260 required me to do a LOT of tuning to the carb to keep it from bogging out of the hole.

I had the motor tied to a TH-350 and 3.42's. After getting the carb staightened out, had to rejet and fiddle with secondary opening rate, the combo ran noticibly different. Part throttle was very similar (slightly stronger) but where the big difference was, was in the top end. I had put an "RV" type cam in it, PAW special, and it definitly liked the 4 barrel over the 2 barrel. Unfortunately never had the car to the strip either before conversion or after, but it did make a very marked improvement. Gas milage was about the same for both combos as long as I kept my foot out of it (aprox. 17mpg).

hmmmm....... also meiner meinung nach ist ein 200er sowieso kein so klasses getriebe. alleine die schaltvorgänge sind ja schon net berauschend. wie ein B&M-350er wennst ihm den modulator absteckst *gg*

ich glaub das "hokey" ist nur ein "füllwort" *g* ich kenn das wort jedenfalls nicht.

wenn du den motor nach dem seinen plänen umbauen möchtest brauchst einiges. alleine, wenn du die 307er-köpfe brauchst, wirst vermutlich einen 307er im ganzen kaufen müssen - naja, dann kannst eh gleich mit dem weitermachen.

ich weiß ja nicht wieviel du in den motor investieren möchtest und wieviel leistung das ergeben soll, aber mir erscheint das ganz und gar nicht vernünftig.

so, ende, aus.

vin
Bild

simonB.
Pro Stock
Pro Stock

Beitragvon simonB. » Mittwoch 18. Mai 2005, 23:42

ich kanns nur einfach nicht glauben dass es für den motor nix gibt-gibts doch nicht.
ist irgendwie eh nur eine hirnwixerei.
aber einen test wärs schon fast wert.anscheinend hat so einen motor
noch nie jemand ,,schorf,, gmacht.
vielleicht geht der dann ziemlich ab,für die cui.
kommt zeit kommt rat,oder ein anderer motor,mal sehen.